The Fieldstone Modular Dungeon

In the past, I have built a modular dungeon, which for those who don't know is a terrain collection used to depict a stereotypical dungeon layout for a fantasy roleplaying game.  I use pieces cast from Hirst Arts molds.  My previous one was primarily done with the Smooth Floor Tile and Wizard Wall molds, and was composed of small pieces that required a lot of assembling.  That almost took up too much time and stalled gameplay.

I decided that I would build another dungeon, one that was less flexible than the gothic modular one, but easier to set up during the game.  I also decided I would use a different mold series from Hirst Arts.  I went with the "fieldstone" series of molds, which are on oldie but a goodie when it comes to Hirst Arts.  The accessories are not as detailed or numerous as the gothic line, but look good and are easy to cast.

In planning the project, I went with phases of development, with the idea that I could expand the series in steps as I went along.  Throughout the back half of 2017 I slowly made progress on Phase 1.  As it stands currently, I have completed building the Phase 1 pieces.


Phase 1 includes

  • Two 20' by 20' rooms
  • Ten 20' long hallways
  • Six corner pieces
  • Four "T" shaped pieces
These will not be painted with three colors: a dark base layer, a medium main layer, and a light highlight layer.  I'll work on that step while casting the pieces for Phase 2.

Comments welcome!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I moved ages ago, but forgot to tell anyone

RPG Review: Far Trek

Heroes Against Darkness review