Into the Woods

After three straight levels of dungeon crawling, I decided I wanted to do something different with my most recent D&D session.   First, I wanted to get out of the dungeon.  Second, I wanted a little plot and less wandering monster stabbing.

The players had been asking for a place that the PC's could own, arguing that with all the gold they were getting, some place must be available in a small, rundown village.  So I decided to give them one, complete with an infestation of monsters and a yard full of trouble.

Bugbears assault the only tenant the PC's have: a charcoaler living in the forest.

Need to get rid of the owlbear squatting in their place.
All in all it wasn't too bad.  I was surprised how little actually happened--perhaps combat was going slowly, but the good news is that means I have plenty of material for next time.

In the meantime, I'm trying to figure out if I want to do the April Blog-a-thon.  When I have done it successfully, I have done a bit of work ahead of time to make sure I have enough to work with.  In teh past this has actually helped lay the groundwork for a new campaign, but since I'm barely into one now, I'm not sure if that really would be helpful, or if I should do something different.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I moved ages ago, but forgot to tell anyone

RPG Review: Far Trek

Heroes Against Darkness review