Not complaining

Silver Gryphon Games didn't make it to KantCon by Friday afternoon, which is when we had to head home so I could host my regular D&D game.  The people running the convention were surprised that SGG even said they were coming, given that one of the primary people lost a child last month in a tragic accident.
Needless to say, I'm not complaining.  Mac got in a game of Microlite20 when the DM allowed him to come in even though he wasn't pre-registered, and I spent the morning playing board games with Macy, who rarely gets me all to herself.
In the afternoon after lunch with Mrs. Q who popped over from work we bombed around the convention and I ran a quick mini-adventure for the two kids using their Ingenium characters.  I didn't end up buying anything except some souvenirs for the kids.  I saw the new "it's not a Monster Manual" for OSRIC, but a glance through it didn't thrill me.  I considered succumbing to my temptation to buy an interesting looking leather pouch, but I've got a man-purse already.
I'm not complaining, like I said.  Mac got to try out a rule-light fantasy game and had a lot of fun.  I got to see some interesting stuff, hang out with the kids, and didn't blow a wad of cash.  It got me thinking about other games and the like, which I may meander on about later on the blog.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I moved ages ago, but forgot to tell anyone

RPG Review: Far Trek

Heroes Against Darkness review