The soundtrack of my life these days

So, a couple of months ago, everything shifted.  Some of it was well and goodly expected and some of it wasn't dreamed of.  But in a very short order practically every major relationship in my life changed: my spouse, my kids, my friends, the people with whom I work, and the people whom I serve in my work.

Now lest this seem like some kind of pathos-ridden post, a lot of those changes were positive.  The last couple of months have seen my grow and helped me discover a lot about who I am.  But it has been a huge struggle, and some things have taken a real hit, like the amount of time and mental energy I have to dedicate to my hobbies.  I moved away from my basement where I keep all my paint and miniatures and plaster and gaming books.  I'll move back there, probably in another month or two, but in the meantime all that has lain fallow.  I think it is pretty noteworthy accomplishment that I've been running three or four gaming sessions in that time, and that they have been well received.

Anyways, I read in an article a while ago someone talking about how she had created a sort of "greatest hits" list for herself during her own divorce, a go-to list of music that could help inspire her.  That seemed like an interesting idea, and over the past few months I've been compiling my own list of music that I can pop onto Youtube and listen to whenever I need it, and I thought I'd share a couple.

First, my "get rolling when things start to drag" song.

"Move" by Saint Motel

Second, my "time to be a badass" song.


"Take Me Down" by The Pretty Reckless

My "time to think about things" song.  At some point I'll run a campaign with this as its theme song.

"Sweet Dreams" by Emily Browning

My "emotional catharsis" song


"Fooled Around and Fell in Love" by Elvin Bishop

My "time to rally from your emotional catharsis" song

"Deep Dark Wells" by Joe Pugg

Finally, my "if all else fails, blow out the windows" song


"Hello" (Adele cover) by Leo Moracchioli








Comments

  1. Sorry you're having to deal with that. Just know that it does get better with time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. On the whole I've been holding up pretty well.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I moved ages ago, but forgot to tell anyone

RPG Review: Far Trek

Heroes Against Darkness review