Mid-January Update

Just to get back up to speed on what's going on in my world...

We missed our last gaming session, again because of schedule issues, this time mine.  With our bi-weekly schedule, that means we end up going another month without gaming.  The holiday curse of gaming absentia seems to be lingering now.

In the meantime, I've been filling some my free time making some pieces from Hirst Arts bricks to decorate my modular dungeon.  These are small walls, pillars, etc. to help add a little panache to the layouts.

Aside from just being a good, mindless project, I've been creating these pieces with the idea of eventually getting back into running a fantasy campaign.  I've oft dreamed of doing a true sandbox layout, and the gaming group is always interested in fantasy RPG's.  Also nudging this along is the fact that I bought both the first and second Reaper Bones Kickstarters.  That's a lot of minis.

So, as always, I'm mulling over which fantasy RPG to use.  There's good arguments for any of them: the simplicity of early edition D&D, the customization options of 3.X/Pathfinder, the familiarity the group has with 4th Edition.  The number of choices can keep me hung up for some time, but before I get too far into building a campaign world I'll need to settle on something, if anything because it will affect how large to make rooms (4th Edition requires more than 10' by 10' for a group).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I moved ages ago, but forgot to tell anyone

RPG Review: Far Trek

Heroes Against Darkness review