G is for Got a New Set of Rules

So for this A-to-Z Blog Challenge I thought I would do a series of villains for the science-fiction/superhero RPG The Ultimate Hero.  At the onset I mentioned this game was in development, that I had played it at a convention last year, and that at that convention I had won a hardcover of the rules.  Or more specifically, the rules at that time.
I got a very encouraging email from the creators of The Ultimate Hero saying how much he liked what I was doing, but also mentioned that they were doing a re-work of the character creation rules right now.  From what he has been saying, the rules tweaking is a very good idea, especially in the way that it streamlines Advantages and Powers.  Some Advantages basically were "low-flash" superpowers, like superhuman strength or toughness.  Others, like Ally or Resources, reflect the whole "perk" idea you see in a lot of games.

Anyways, I don't have the most recent set of rules as a result, and see little benefit in release stats for a out-of-date system.  So for the time being I guess what I'm going to do is just continue to share the character concepts I've creative without the write-ups.

Comments

  1. Character concepts are fine. I like the characters so far and concepts can be used in any game.

    --
    Tim Brannan, The Other Side Blog
    2015 A to Z of Adventure!
    http://theotherside.timsbrannan.com/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I moved ages ago, but forgot to tell anyone

RPG Review: Far Trek

Heroes Against Darkness review