Saturday, April 16, 2016

H is for How Did I Get So Far Behind?

When I first considered doing this blog challenge, I spent a lot of time telling myself it wasn't going to work.  It was incredibly ambitious, both in terms of even conceiving of 26 supervillains in a month, much less writing them all out using a rules system with which I wasn't intimately familiar.

So here it is, past mid-April and I've just gotten to "G."  I told myself that if I got five days behind, I would consider strongly throwing in the towel, and I'm there.  That isn't to say I did have ideas for the other days.  For example:


  • Homunculus, a gargoyle summoned to this dimension by an evil sorcerer who has been captured by DOSHI.  Now Homunculus searches for a way to free him to he can return home.
  • Ironsides, a major player in the criminal underworld who wears an antique suit of power armor passed down from one generation to another in his family.
  • Judge Not, an anarchist who specifically targets law enforcement entities for the way they enforce societal order.
  • Khula Khan, a were-tiger who is attempting to create a sovereign nation-state of lycanthropes.
I just have not had the time to write all of it down.

So for now I think I'm done.  I may still try to get some of these to paper (so to speak), and I still think that The Ultimate Hero has some interesting wrinkles in it that set it apart from a lot of other supers RPG's, such as the geo-political angles and exploring alien cultures.  Thanks for following along and for all the support I've received.

2 comments:

  1. Sorry you won't be able to finish, but thanks for trying!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been doing this challenge for a while now, and even though I was prepared for this one, it is still kicking my ass!

    Plan what you want to do for next year and set up some posts ahead of time.

    --
    Tim Brannan, The Other Side Blog
    2015 A to Z of Adventure!
    http://theotherside.timsbrannan.com/

    ReplyDelete

Not Even Pretending