N is for New

Today I met someone who's personal philosophy was essentially "what the hell."  He was, and is a guy who dives into everything head first.

I, however, am not that guy.  I'm a hobbit.  I like my hobbit hole and I like things that are familiar.  I can handle crises, mind you, I just tend to find something I like on the menu and then order it the next half dozen times I'm there.  I get this makes me boring and probably stunts some kind of development, but I'm someone who approaches novelty with a bit of trepidation.

Which is why I am way out of my comfort zone right now.  I'm at a work conference (which I've never done before) in Arizona (where I've never been before) where I know no one and I'm staying here for a week.

And I'm having a good time.  It doesn't hurt that Arizona is beautiful and the retreat center is posh and there is someone whose sole job it is to make sure you have everything you want and work paid for all of it.  So I'm not exactly Stanley Livingstone here.

But it's still going great, and my aversion to this very unfamiliar experience is being ameliorated.  Maybe I'll get a pic up if I can.

Comments

  1. It's hard being outside our comfort zones, isn't it? But it certainly is fun once we step out of our zone and find that it isn't so bad!

    Stopping by from A to Z!

    Cheers,
    Heather

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I moved ages ago, but forgot to tell anyone

RPG Review: Far Trek

Heroes Against Darkness review