S is for Something

I spent pretty much the entire day traveling back from the conference center.  Well, that's not entirely true, I spent 14 hours door-to-door traveling from the conference center back to my home, and I somewhat foolishly decided to jump right back into work today.  The conference center material actually suggested that after eight days of intense introspection and planning, I should give myself a day to transition back into my regular life, but I had a hard time convincing myself that I could say with a straight face "hey I've been gone eight days to a place that cooked all my meals, catered to my every whim, forced me to spend hours lounging about thinking, and now I really need to pamper myself a bit before I tackle my regular job."

So I didn't, and I should have, because I'm fatigued.  Travel, jet lag, and yes the difficult process of placing my shoulder to the plow once more have left me wiped out.

And this, and this is petty, but there were 21 people at the conference and we all bonded and become good friends and told each other we'd link up on Facebook.  Last twenty-four hours?  Nothing.  I sent a friend request to one person, who did accept it.  But out of 21 not a one.  It's like summer camp or something.  It sounds petulant, but I'm going to wait a few days to see what happens.  I'm tired and grouchy, but I'l guessing I won't get a single request.  And that's depressing.  The WQRobb in the Devil Suit on My Shoulder is laughing and telling me that twenty people are typing this exact same blog post.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I moved ages ago, but forgot to tell anyone

RPG Review: Far Trek

Heroes Against Darkness review