RPGaDay 27: Favorite idea for merging two games into one

First, let me just give credit to the guy who came up with the idea of merging Star Wars and Steampunk.




But for me, I think my favorite idea was to merge Mekton (giant anime robots) and Dune, a concept I floated back in my college days.  Somewhere in my long-term memory I have the concepts for giant robots for the Bene Gesserit, Houses Harkonnen and Atreides, the Sardukar, and the Freemen (who have both the small, still-suit robot frames and the giant kick-ass sandworms).

Why hasn't someone done the manga/anime version of Dune yet?  You'd think the way Herbert's kids have prostituted out their literary inheritance they would have done this already.

Comments

  1. i thought years ago should remake original trilogy as steampunk

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's certainly some visual support for a Steampunk Star Wars out there now. If you want to get into specific games I think the Savage Worlds version of Space 1889 + Star Wars could probably lead somewhere interesting.

    As far as Dune, I am still surprised there isn't a Dune RPG. I know somebody was working on one a few years back (Last Unicorn? Decipher?) but the total absence of a Dune RPG is one of the more surprising gaps in the RPG universe.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I moved ages ago, but forgot to tell anyone

RPG Review: Far Trek

Heroes Against Darkness review