Decluttering

For the past few months I have been gaming in my living room, rather than in the dedicated space in my basement.  The reasons were manifold: it is much colder in my basement, I no longer had to be mindful of a spouse who didn't participate in gaming, and the basement was a major mess from all the chaos of my ex-wife moving out.

But time has passed, Spring is here, and I'm ready to get my gaming room back to being a gaming room.  Or better yet, even a better room than before.  There's a lot of old toys the kids no longer use and other assorted junk down there as well.  So I will be unloading unwanted miniatures, manky terrain, and RPG's that will never see the light of day in the next few weeks.

What will be tricky will be figuring out what falls into that RPG category.  A few days ago I was at Half Price Books and spotted a Player's Handbook from the 3.5 Edition.  Now these are pretty rare, and there is a definite crowd who favors that edition over others.  I have a 3.5 PHB, not to mention Pathfinder, which is going through an edition change in the near future.  So I had to self-assess: what is the likelihood I'll ever run or play in a D&D 3.5 campaign in the near- to far-future?  Answer: highly unlikely.  So I passed on it, even though it was rare.

It may be time for some Marie Kondo-esque examinations of my RPG and wargaming collection.

One thing I haven't mentioned lately is some clutter I'm actually generating, namely the fieldstone modular dungeon.  I'm almost done with the building portion of Phase 2, but am currently derailed because my daughter needs Hirst Arts blocks for a diorama she is building for school.  I'll try to get some pics posted.

Comments

  1. For some reason this post makes me all kinds of happy. 😁

    Spring has sprung (though you wouldn't know it from East Coast weather) and that means new beginnings! More posting as well?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I moved ages ago, but forgot to tell anyone

RPG Review: Far Trek

Heroes Against Darkness review