2017 in review

Eighteen posts.  Which is, to date, the most sparse amount of production I've had since the blog began.  There were literally months (e.g. May, September) when I didn't post at all.

And I can not even claim I was busy on other blogs, since my companion blog to this one, The Army Collector, had virtually no posts to speak of.

The short reason I've mentioned before: I got divorced, moved twice, had my life turn upside-down six or seven times, etc.  I did, in fact, do some gaming in there.  Ran quite a few sessions of Bash, played in an old WEG Star Wars campaign, Baker Street, and LUG's Star Trek RPG.  But I tend to write less as a player than as a GM, because I'm uncomfortable speaking about other people's games lest I appear critical of my friends.

And really, they are all doing a very good job, with their own style of play.

So what happens in 2018?

I'm continuing to work on a large modular dungeon based on the Hirst Arts fieldstone line of molds.  I'm not sure that I'll end up using it, but it is a nice project I can do in fits and spurts as the time allows.  I should get some pics up soon.

I could run my own campaign again, especially for a my son, "Ammo Grot," whose blog-nickname might have to become Ork Boy because he's now an adult and going off to college in the fall.  He's been at my gaming table since he was eleven years old, and doing one more game before he heads out might be nice.

I could always get back into wargaming again.  I've got the new Warhammer 40K rules, the skirmish-based 40K rules, or a host of other options.  With two other RPG campaigns theoretically happening in Q1 2018, there might not be room for anything else.  A wargame I could play with Ork Boy might be a better option (and would mean posts on the other blog).

We'll see...  In the meantime, thanks for sticking around!

-WQRobb

Comments

  1. Hey, I know the feeling, it's been a pretty sparse year for the blogging. A lot of names are just gone, some post so infrequently they're forgotten. I just don't have the energy to post like I used to either.

    Here's hoping 2018 we can turn it all around! It's the 10th anniversary of my blog, so I'm trying to think of something special.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I moved ages ago, but forgot to tell anyone

RPG Review: Far Trek

Heroes Against Darkness review