Two weeks to build a campaign--GO!

The title pretty much says it all.

In my last post I was all "oh there's nothing going on and what am I going to blog about?"  Then one of the two people planning on running a game in my gaming group has decided to postpone his plans until later this year.  The other GM is running a game with a small, limited number of players, so the torch has been passed (back) to me to run something for my big, honking, inconsistent gaming group!


So the first session will be sometime in late January, which means I've got a few weeks to pull something together.  I'm pretty sure I'm ready to stop running Bash, because it is just not holding the group's attention.  Or rather, some people are into it, but many are not.

With the other game being Star Trek, I'm loathe to run science fiction, to avoid comparisons, although running a game featuring the decimated Resistance in Star Wars sounds like a lot of fun.  I've found that those games are hard to run with a large, inconsistent group, however.

As a result, I will likely run Dungeons & Dragons 5E.  It's a game everyone knows and owns.  It's been "done" insofar as we have gone from 1st to about 15th level previously, but I may do a different kind of story.  I also really want to use a project I've been working on but haven't talked about much here.  More on that next time...

Comments

  1. Glad to hear your working towards something new, even if it is D&D. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the key word in that post was "likely."

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I moved ages ago, but forgot to tell anyone

RPG Review: Far Trek

Heroes Against Darkness review